- Snehalaya, a project of Gwalior Hospital and education Charitable Trust of India, is a home for 61 disabled, orphan children with a school (Special need as well main stream school) and health centre on site. It has all facilities for education and health care for children living there happily as a family in a pollution free environment spread out in area of 25 Acres of land with its own Gardens, Orchards, farms, play and Sports fields and much more. There is a cow shed (Gaushala) too with a herd of 16 animals as well a bird house.
- The Trust works for women empowerment by educating girls in villages to make them independent getting out of the life of oppression through its main stream school esp. for drop out girls within Snehalaya Campus. The girls are provided everything free including education, books and uniforms, transport as well an incentive of Rs.10 per day for attending school and complete their school education. The School is providing education to nearly 200 children at present, majority being drop out girls.
- The trust also works for integrated development in surrounding villages and slums there
- Please visit Snehalaya in Gwalior and see for yourself, details on www.helpchildrenofindia.org
- 100% of funds are used for the work only as per wishes of the donor/sponsor by this charity. The impact increases many fold by many volunteers working on floor without any costs.
- To provide for the disabled orphan children in Snehalaya, there are 61 children undergoing special education and training and we plan to make it a facility for 200. The special need school and health centre there provide special education and health care services to the local community also.
- Main Stream School - to educate drop out girls from villages helping with women empowerment whole family and future generations. Nearly 200 undergoing education plans for 1000.
- Integrated development work in villages as well distribution of solar lights to school going children in villages to facilitate their education.
- More than half a million people have been benefited with ongoing health care and treatment services by this trust over last fifteen years and it continues with integrated rural development work, women empowerment, distribution of solar lights etc.
- Much has been achieved but much more remains to be done in order to maintain and improve the ongoing work as well to complete it as planned. With your support you can help us to make the difference.
"64 Disabled and destitute Children from streets are living happily leading a life with dignity in Snehalaya aiming to become independent.
200 children mostly girls from villages are undergoing education in our main stream school.
Radha our angel and inspiration for Snehalaya, brought to us in early 2004 in moribund condition with HIV is alive today living happily like any other normal child undergoing education with 63 more children in Snehalaya.
More than half a million people have been benefited with ongoing health care and treatment services by this trust over last fourteen years and we continue with integrated rural development work, women empowerment, distribution of solar lights etc. etc."